Help -- Training -- Explanations -- Hints
The Photo Contract Directory screen serves as the "Online Contact Directory" for members of your church. You are reading the [Need Help?] button narrative for this screen.
You came to this Photo Contract Directory screen by clicking the [Photo Directory] gold button.
The Photo Contract Directory screen is segmented into four sections:
At the top of the Photo Contract Directory screen is the theme-colored bar with Gold Buttons. The theme-colored bar appears at the top of all major screens in the Member Portal module of MemberLink®.
All of the major system functions of the Member Portal module appear as selectable buttons in the theme-colored section at the top.
After logging in, the following buttons may be available for you to use:
[Home-Bulletin Board] gold button:
This button returns you immediately to the Bulletin Board screen, which is also known as the Home screen for the Member Portal module. This is the first screen you see when you login into the Member Portal. You can come back to it at any time from any of the other Member Portal module screens.
[Your Profile] button:
Click this button to view or update your personal data. You can help your church by keeping your personal data current. You can also upload a digital photo of yourself or your family.
If your church is using the Contributions portion of this system, you can view your private donation/giving records from your Profile screen.
** Note: You can see your donation record only, not the record of anyone else including not any other family member. Your Profile is just for you!
[Prayer Wall] button:
Click this button to post or respond to prayer requests, praise reports, and discussion blogs.
Click this button to answer survey requests from your church leadership. If this button is Red instead of Gold, that means a new survey is awaiting your attention.
Click this button to view the material that has been uploaded by the System Administrators. You may download these documents to read them or print them.
[Photo Directory] button:
Click this button to access the handy directory of contact information for church members and church groups. Also, a photo of each person will be shown (if the person has provided one).
[Online Giving] button:
Click this button to connect with your church's e-Giving solution provider. You can give tithes, offerings, and donations to your church via this online option (if your church is using this feature).
[Church Website] button:
Click this button to go to your church website (if your church has provided a website link).
[View Calendar] button:
Click this button to view the online web calendar of church events (if your church is using this feature).
[Outreach Ministry] button:
Click this button to access the member and prospect outreach system (if your church is using this feature).
[Log Out] button:
Click this button to exit your MemberLink® system!
Section 2 is the "Alphabet Selection & Print Control" area of the screen. This section of the screen is on the left side, immediately under the theme-colored "Gold Button" area of the screen described in Section 1.
On the First Row:
The left-most item is a display showing how many contact records are available for viewing in Section 4 of the screen.
To the right of that, you will find the navigation buttons, the [Next] [Back] [First] [Last] buttons. If there are more people to display than fit on a page, use the navigation buttons to view the others.
On the Second Row:
You will see the [A] to [Z] buttons for alphabet selection. If you click one of these buttons, the contact record display in Section 4 will be filtered to show only the people with Last Names that begin with the alphabet letter you selected.
Following the [Z] button, there is a [Reset] button. If you click that button, the display will be reset back to the default (show all contact records).
On the Third Row:
The first two buttons on the left control whether people are displayed alphabetically, or by family unit.
- These two buttons only appear if the "Radio" button for "All" or "Family Groups" is selected in the Section 3 area of the screen.
- If you click the [Sort by Family Groups] button, Mom and Dad and the Kids will be grouped as a family unit. This is useful only if your system administrators have created and are maintaining the Family Groups.
- If you click the [Sort Alphabetically] button, all names will again be sorted alphabetically by Last Name and then First Name. In this presentation, members of different family units may be mixed together due to the pure alphabetic sorting. This is the default when you come to this screen.
The next two buttons on the third row are used for printing the contact directory. You have two directory choices.
- The [Printer Friendly View with Photos] button builds a printable directory that includes each person's photo, in other words, a pictorial directory.
- The [Printer Friendly View without Photos] button builds a printable contact directory that does not show the photos.
After you click one of the printing selection buttons, two more buttons appear on the third row.
- You can click the [Print with Browser] button to get a quick printout using your Browser's printing capabilities.
- For a more formal contact directory, click the [Download File to Print] button. This will download the contact directory to your computer. You can open it as a Word document. You can adjust the margins, add headers and footers, and do other types of manipulation before you print it.
Section 3 is the "Group Selection" area of the screen. This section of the screen is on the right side, immediately under the theme-colored "Gold Button" area of the screen described in Section 1.
If you want to display just the members of certain groups in Section 4 of the screen, instead of all church members, use the group "Radio" buttons in this section to display the group choices. If a particular type of group is not available, that "Radio" button will not appear.
The default "Radio" button, the [All] button, indicates no specific groups are selected. That means all member records should be available to display in Section 4 of the screen.
- If you click the "Radio" button for [Regular Groups], all of the Regular Groups will appear. These might be committees, leadership teams, staff or ministry teams, classes, etc., that your system administrators have created.
- If you click the "Radio" button for [Family Groups], you can select and view specific families.
- If you click the "Radio" button for [Care Groups], you can select and view specific Care Groups.
After selecting one of the group "Radio" buttons, you will see a Checkbox next to each group in the list of displayed groups. If you want to see the members of a group displayed, turn on the Checkbox for that group.
After turning on the Checkboxes you want, click the [Choose Group(s)] button located just below the window that lists the groups.
The members of the selected group or groups will appear in Section 4 of the screen.
After viewing the contact records for the groups selected, you can repeat the process to view the members of other groups.
You can also click the [Reset to All] button located just under the window that lists the groups and change the display back to all members.
Section 4 is the "Photo & Contact Display" area of the screen. This is the section where the photos and contact information for individuals is actually displayed.
Each person can control -- in their own profile record -- what is displayed. You can have a photo, name and address, email address, phone number, and cell phone number displayed in the photo/contact directory. The more you permit to be displayed, the more valuable the photo/contact directory will be for other church members who need to reach you.
- Your name will display in the contact directory even if you have turned off the display of everything else about yourself.
- If you do not upload a photo, or you turn off the display of your photo, a ghost image will display in the place of an actual photo.
- If an email address is displayed for a person, you can click it here and send them a direct message. The email address will be a "hot" hyperlink.
** Note: There is a setting on the person's Profile screen that lets MemberLink System Administrators at your church completely suppress a person from the photo/contract directory. The member cannot prevent their name from appearing in the directory, but the Administrators can prevent it if necessary.
"CAA Product Help" from CAA Ministries at Support@CAAsoftware.com or 404-551-4230